Louisiana Seafood Industry
Louisiana Fisheries Forward provides a birds-eye view of the seafood industry, including fisheries management and the regulatory process.
The seafood industry in Louisiana has an economic impact of over $2.4 billion annually. Our fluid coastline of bayous, wetlands, rivers and marshes is fed by the Mississippi River basin; water from more than 1.2 million square miles roars across 31 states to end up here . . . creating the perfect cradle for hundreds of species of fish and shellfish.
We continue to add information to this page, visit the resource links below for more details on the business of seafood.
GET INVOLVED! There are several species task forces made up of commercial and recreational fishing participants who review fisheries issues and discuss management alternatives–meetings are open to all. The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission and Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council meetings are other great places to make your voice heard when new laws are in the works.
- LDWF Commercial Rules & Regulations
- Federal Commercial Fishing Regulations (Gulf Council)
- Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission
- Louisiana Wild Certified Seafood Program
- Louisiana Marine Education Resources – Sea Grant
- Louisiana Fisheries – Sea Grant
- Renew Commercial Fishing License
- Louisiana Crab Task Force
- Louisiana Oyster Task Force
- Louisiana Shrimp Task Force
- Louisiana Finfish Task Force
- LDWF Trip Tickets