Register Now – Louisiana Fisheries Forward Summit
Join us on March 11, 2020 at the Pontchartrain Center in Kenner!
Workshops will run throughout the day, in conjunction with a trade show that features hands-on demonstrations on safety, innovative handling and processing equipment, gear and techniques.
This free event includes lunch (with advance registration).
Top door prize is a $2,500 gas card; plus many more.*
Fishing For The Future
Speaker topics and key demonstrations include:
- ‘Future of the Fleet’ keynote panel: give your input on how to overcome the graying of the fleet
- Impacts of fresh water: 2019 flooding
- Recap of new report on private water bottoms: impact on commercial fishermen
- Operational plans for mid-Barataria diversion project
- TEDS in skimmers: details from NOAA’s outreach team
- FDA testing of seafood imports
- Louisiana oysters: the way forward
- Black drum/sheepshead fishery analysis
- Debut of new demo shrimp grader
- Impact of closures on crab fishery
Get your questions answered by LDWF biologists and enforcement agents, learn more from the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council, and interact with the U.S. Coast Guard on requirements and safety concerns. These topics and more for all seafood sectors!
Produced by Louisiana Sea Grant, LSU AgCenter and the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries – with their industry partners – it is part of the Louisiana Fisheries Forward (LFF) education initiative.
Many thanks to our co-sponsors:
Following is a list of the poster abstracts to be displayed at the LA Fisheries Forward Summit on March 11, 2020 at the Pontchartrain Center in Kenner. This free event for the commercial seafood industry features the latest updates on regulations, equipment and gear, safety, cold chain management, education, value-added…
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) announced dates for public meetings to be held on spotted seatrout management. The most recent stock assessment indicated spotted seatrout are overfished and undergoing overfishing and changes are necessary in order to recover the stock. The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission…
Time is running out to sign up to participate in the 2020 Derelict Crab Trap Rodeo events. Two events are scheduled for this year: one in the Baratrairia Basin on February 8 and one in the Calcasieu Basin on February 15 (more details below). These rodeo events allow for LDWF…