Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission
May 7, 2020 – 9:30 a.m.
The May 2020 Commission meeting will be held via Zoom webinar.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of March 5, 2020 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of May 7, 2020 Agenda and Virtual Meeting Protocols
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
7. Enforcement Reports, March and April 2020 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
8. Receive and Consider Notice of Intent to Amend the Wild Alligator Harvest Regulations Regarding Tags and Extending the Hunting Season – Jeb Linscombe, Program Manager
9. Consider Adoption of Conditionally Approved Amendments and Final Approval of the Notice of Intent for Rule Changes in Wild Quadrupeds and Wild Bird Rules and Regulations, Including General and Wildlife Management Area Hunting Rules and Regulations, General and WMA Turkey Hunting Regulations, Resident Game Hunting Season Date Adjustments for 2020-2021 and 2021-2022, and Migratory Bird Season Adjustments for 2020-2021 – Tommy Tuma, Biologist Director, Wildlife Division/Habitat Stewardship and Operations
10. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency to Set the Opening Date for the 2020 Spring Inshore Shrimp Season – Peyton Cagle, Crustacean Biologist
11. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Modify the Commercial and Recreational Minimum Size Limit for Cobia – Jason Adriance, Fisheries Biologist
12. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency to Set the 2020 Recreational Red Snapper Season in State and Federal Waters – Jason Adriance, Fisheries Biologist
13. Discussion Regarding the Overfished Status of Southern Flounder in Louisiana Waters – Jason Adriance, Fisheries Biologist
14. Set August and September 2020 Commission Meeting Dates
15. Receive Public Comments
This meeting of the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission is being conducted by webinar due to the public health emergency declared in response to the threat presented by COVID-19.
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Zoom. To attend via webinar register at: https://wlf-la.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_BGNQZneNQomqGco-SPiV9A. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The public will have an opportunity to provide comments on the above agenda in two ways:
1. Comments may be submitted prior to the meeting by sending an email to [email protected]. Your email must include the agenda item # in the subject of your email. The body of your message should include your name and address before your comment.
2. During the Zoom meeting, you may submit comments by using the ‘chat’ feature in the Zoom application. Comments must be submitted via chat during the time the agenda item is being discussed. The chairman will provide additional time for chat comments to allow the public to type their comments. To use the chat feature, click ‘Chat’ at the bottom of your screen, type the agenda item, your name, address, and comment. Select ‘Send to All Panelists’ and click ‘Send’ or press ‘enter.’
To sign up for LDWF commercial fishing alerts sent as text messages or as emails, visit https://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/communication/subscribe?email=. For press inquiries please contact Rene LeBreton, 504-286-8745 or [email protected]