The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission will meet at 9:30 a.m., Thursday, January 7, at the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries headquarters, located at 2000 Quail Drive in Baton Rouge.
Due to the public health emergency guidelines established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, only 40 members of the public will be allowed in the meeting room at one time. All members of the public will have to wear a mask to enter the building.
However, in an effort to allow more public access to the meeting, the Commission asks those persons attending for a single agenda item to leave after that item is heard. This will allow other members of the public to rotate into the room.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of December 3, 2020 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of January 7, 2021 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
7. Enforcement Report, December 2020 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
8. Presentation on Development of Louisiana National Estuarine Research Reserve – Morgan Crutcher, Governor’s Office of Coastal Activities and Dr. Robert Twilley, Louisiana Sea Grant
9. Receive Update on Feral Hog Control in Louisiana – Dr. Rusty Berry, Assistant State Wildlife Veterinarian
10. Receive and Consider Notice of Intent for Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP) Posting Rule Change – Johnathan Bordelon, Biologist Program Manager
11. Receive and Consider Notice of Intent on Rule Changes in Wild Quadrupeds and Wild Bird Rules and Regulations, including General and Wildlife Management Area Hunting Rules and Regulations, General and WMA Turkey Hunting Regulations, Resident Game Hunting Season Date Adjustments for 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 and Migratory Bird Season Adjustments for 2021-2022 – Tommy Tuma, Biologist Director
12. Election of Chairman and Vice-Chairman
13. Set May 2021 Commission Meeting Date
14. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Zoom. To attend via webinar register at: https://wlf-la.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_vTpeA6sYQG6lmW7PNLjS6A. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The public will have an opportunity to provide comments on the above agenda by attending in person (room is limited to 40 members of the public) or by sending an email to [email protected] by 2 p.m. on Wednesday, January 6, 2021. Your email must include the agenda item # in the subject of your email. The body of your message should include your name and address before your comment.
No comments will be accepted via webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. LDWF receives no state general funding and depends on license sales as a major funding source. Help us protect your hunting and fishing heritage while preserving habitat, wildlife, and aquatic resources by purchasing your license at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive email or text alerts signup here.