The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission will meet at 9:30 a.m., Thursday, June 4, at the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries headquarters, located at 2000 Quail Drive in Baton Rouge.
Due to the public health emergency guidelines established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, only 25 members of the public will be allowed in the meeting room at one time. All members of the public will have to wear a mask to enter the building.
However, in an effort to allow more public access to the meeting, the Commission asks those persons attending for a single agenda item to leave after that item is heard. This will allow other members of the public to rotate into the room.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of May 7, 2020 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of June 4, 2020 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
7. Enforcement Report, May 2020 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
8. Receive and Consider Notice of Intent on Amending the Hunter Education Program Certification Policy – Eric Shanks, Biologist Program Manager
9. Receive a Presentation on the Implementation Plans Associated with Fisheries Funding from the CARES Act and the 2019 Fisheries Disaster Declaration – Al Sunseri, Commissioner/Jason Froeba, Biologist Administrator
10. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Modify Commercial Greater Amberjack Daily Trip Limits – Jason Adriance, Fisheries Biologist
11. Report on the 2020 Private Recreational Red Snapper Season – Jason Adriance, Fisheries Biologist
12. Report on the Commercial Menhaden Fishery in the Gulf of Mexico – Jason Adriance, Fisheries Biologist
13. Receive an Update on the 2020 Regular Legislative Session and Consider Taking a Position on Certain Legislative Instruments – Cole Garrett, General Counsel
14. Set October 2020 Commission Meeting Date
15. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Zoom. To attend via webinar register at: https://wlf-la.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_lxxnQcVyRoOZNlImQrY5Qg. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The public will have an opportunity to provide comments on the above agenda by attending in person (room is limited to 25 members of the public) or by sending an email to [email protected]. Your email must include the agenda item # in the subject of your email. The body of your message should include your name and address before your comment. Comments will be accepted via email up to midnight on the day of the meeting.
No comments will be accepted via the webinar chat feature.
To sign up for LDWF commercial fishing alerts sent as text messages or as emails, visit https://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/communication/subscribe?email=. For press inquiries please contact Rene LeBreton, 504-286-8745 or [email protected]