While the basics of the fishery remain the same, regulations, policies, economics and research continue to change in the blue crab industry. This workshop will cover topics important to crab fishermen in the Vermilion Bay area; with a focus on best practices for quality handling, refrigeration technology and safety regulations.
Of particular interest will be the introduction of the recently completed crab fishery management plan by Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries. Tentative agenda topics include:
- Crab Updates and Statistics
- Crab Professionalism Program and Crab Fishery Management Plan
- Louisiana Fisheries Forward
- Refrigeration and Handling
- Artificial Bait Updates and Field Trials
- U.S. Coast Guard Regulations
- LDWF Enforcement
Join us at the Shrimp Festival Building, 411 East Main St. • Delcambre, LA 70528
REGISTRATION IS NOT REQUIRED.
For questions, contact:
Mark Shirley, (337) 898-4335
Thu Bui, (337) 828-4100 ext. 300