The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission will meet at 9:30 a.m., Thursday, September 3, at the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries headquarters, located at 2000 Quail Drive in Baton Rouge.
Due to the public health emergency guidelines established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, only 25 members of the public will be allowed in the meeting room at one time. All members of the public will have to wear a mask to enter the building.
However, in an effort to allow more public access to the meeting, the Commission asks those persons attending for a single agenda item to leave after that item is heard. This will allow other members of the public to rotate into the room.
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Roll Call
3. Adoption of August 6, 2020 Commission Meeting Minutes
4. Approval of September 3, 2020 Agenda
5. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
6. Present the Boating Officer of the Year Award to Corporal Joshua Laviolette – Captain Clay Marques, Enforcement Division
7. Enforcement Report, August 2020 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
8. Receive and Consider Recommendation on Waterfowl Zones and Splits for the 2021-2025 Seasons – Larry Reynolds, Waterfowl Biologist
9. Receive Report of Waterfowl Habitat Conditions and Waterfowl Project Status on WMAs/Refuges – Tommy Tuma, Biologist Director, Wildlife Division/Habitat Stewardship and Operations
10. Receive Report on Waterfowl Breeding Grounds Work Accomplished by Ducks Unlimited Canada and Delta Waterfowl Utilizing LDWF Conservation Funds – (Coordinated by Larry Reynolds)
11. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency Setting the 2020-2021 Oyster Season on the Public Oyster Areas of Louisiana – Carolina Bourque, Marine Fisheries Biologist
12. Receive a Report on the 2020 Private Recreational Red Snapper Season – Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
13. Receive a Presentation on the Renovation of Bussey Brake Reservoir – Ryan Daniel, Inland Fisheries Biologist
14. Set January 2021 Commission Meeting Date
15. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Zoom. To attend via webinar register at: https://wlf-la.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN__1d5qGtXTO2IA8j_SV81pA.
The public will have an opportunity to provide comments on the above agenda by attending in person (room is limited to 25 members of the public) or by sending an email to [email protected] by 11:59 p.m., September 2, 2020. Your email must include the agenda item # in the subject of your email. The body of your message should include your name and address before your comment.
No comments will be accepted via the webinar chat feature.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. LDWF receives no state general funding and depends on license sales as a major funding source. Help us protect your hunting and fishing heritage while preserving habitat, wildlife, and aquatic resources by purchasing your license at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive email or text alerts signup here.