The next regular Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission meeting will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday , September 5, 2019, at the Wildlife and Fisheries Headquarters Building located at 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge, LA.
The following agenda items will be discussed:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of August 1, 2019 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of September 5, 2019 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
7. Recognize Sergeant Charlie Ferrington as the 2019 Mississippi Flyway Council Waterfowl Protection Officer of the Year – Col. Sammy Martin, Enforcement Division
8. Enforcement Report, August 2019 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
9. Receive and Consider Declaration of Emergency to Amend 2019-2020 Deer Season in Deer Area 5 – Johnathan Bordelon, Deer Program Manager
10. Receive Presentation on the Migratory Waterfowl Status for the 2019-2020 Fall Season – Larry Reynolds, Wildlife Biologist
11. Receive an Update on the 2019 Recreational Red Snapper Season Landings – Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
12. Receive Presentation on the Spotted Seatrout Stock Assessment – Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
13. Receive and Consider Notice of Intent to Modify the Recreational Length Limits for Mako Sharks – Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
14. Receive Summary Presentation on the August 2019 Gulf of Mexico Fisheries Management Council Meeting – Chris Schieble, Marine Fisheries Biologist
15. Receive an Updated Report on the Impacts of Floodwaters on the Fishery Resources and Fisheries of Louisiana – Christian Winslow, Marine Fisheries Biologist
16. Set January 2020 Commission Meeting Date
17. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Gotowebinar.com. To attend a live broadcast of the January 2019 Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission meeting, please register athttps://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4908345651893119500 . After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov . To receive recreational or commercial fishing email and text alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup .
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is committed to accommodating all reasonable special requests regarding access to our meetings. Please direct all sign language interpreting services or other accommodation needs to [email protected] at least 72 hours in advance.