LDWF, LSU AgCenter, and Louisiana Sea Grant have produced a handout for commercial seafood harvesters to consider when handling seafood. These suggested handling techniques will help provide confidence to seafood buyers at all levels of the supply chain.
The handout includes tips covering:
- What disinfectants may be used
- Considerations when selling directly to the public
- How to safely use alcohol as a disinfectant
- How frequently to disinfect
- Resources for impacted businesses
- Status of commercial fisheries
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov or signup to receive email alerts.