- In November 2020, NOAA Fisheries sent a letter to Cellular Electronic Logbook Program participants that 3G cellular technology would no longer be available as of December 31, 2020. This notification also asked participants to continue to power up the devices onboard the vessel when fishing. The transmission of those data would no longer be sent via cellular technology; however, the devices would continue to collect data until NOAA Fisheries was able to retrieve the data manually. Note that participants are still required to power up the devices while fishing.
- Within the next few weeks, NOAA Fisheries will be providing SD card replacements to each Program participant currently assigned a device onboard the vessel associated with the selected Gulf of Mexico Shrimp Permit.
- Selected participants will receive a letter with the enclosed step-by-step instructional guide, a new SD card to be swapped on the Cellular Electronic Logbook device, and a pre-paid envelope to return the previously used SD card back to the NOAA Fisheries Southeast Fisheries Science Center for data analysis.
Commitment to Privacy at LSU
LSU Data Privacy
You can access the LSU Data Privacy Statement here.
If you have any questions about the privacy statement or if you would like to report an issue or complaint, please contact the University at [email protected].
Personal Data Requests:
If you would like to make a request regarding your personal data submitted to the University, please email [email protected] and be sure to include the following details:
- Type of Data Request
- Deletion - request removal of your personal data from University systems
- Copy - request a copy of your personal data from University systems
- Modify – request assistance/direction regarding making changes to your personal data from University systems
- URL of the specific form/application where the data resides