Louisiana Sea Grant agents will be holding fishermen meetings in the St. Bernard area to coincide with NOAA TED checks. The March 7 meeting in Violet will be at DockVille, 5124 East Bernard Hwy, from 6:00 – 8:00 pm.
Learn more about what’s new in the industry, best practices, and coastal adaptation strategies; specific topics include:
- Safety on the Boat: it’s everyone’s job
- Quality Product Handling: impact on profits
- ABCs of Trip Tickets: how & when to complete
- Seafood Markets: what you need to participate
- Adaptation to Coastal Change Survey
There is no cost to attend, and no registration necessary. A light meal will be served.
Make plans to also attend NOAA TED checks in Hopedale & Delacroix on March 7, Venice on March 8, and Cutoff, Leeville, Port Fourchon & Grand Isle March 11 -13. NOAA dates are tentative; contact NOAA Gear Specialist Canh Nguyen at (228) 355-8372, [email protected] for more information.
The U.S. Coast Guard will also be available at some locations for dockside safety exams, with no enforcement actions taken.