Update: Due to continuing concerns as related to COVID-19 (coronavirus), the Shrimp Advisory Panel meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 24, 2020 will be held via webinar with an abbreviated agenda. The meeting times will change slightly and the webinar will be held from 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM EST. on March 24, 2020.
The Shrimp Advisory Panel will address the following:
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will host a meeting of its Shrimp Advisory Panel. The meeting will convene on Tuesday, March 24, 2020, from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm, EST. The meeting will be held at the Gulf Council’s office at 4107 W. Spruce Street, Suite 200, Tampa, FL 33607.
- Updated Shrimp Stock Assessments
- 2018 Shrimp Fishery Effort and Landings
- Preliminary Shrimp Fishery Effort and Landings from 2019
- Preliminary 2019 Royal Red Shrimp Index
- Biological Review of the Texas Closure
- Review of Objectives in the Shrimp Fishery Management Plan
- Modifications to Skimmer Trawl Regulations