The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will meet June 5-8, 2017 at the Naples Grande Beach Resort, located at 475 Seagate Drive, Naples, Florida 34103. The meeting will convene on the following days and local times:
- Closed Session from 8:00 – 8:30 on Monday
- Council Committees meet 8:30 – 5:15 on Monday
- Council Committees meet 8:00 – 5:00 on Tuesday
- Council Committees meet 8:30 – 10:15 on Wednesday
- Full Council meets 10:15 – 5:30 on Wednesday
- Full Council meets 8:30 – 3:30 on Thursday
Public testimony is scheduled on Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. In addition to taking general comments, testimony will be taken on the following issues:
- Final Action on Reef Fish Amendment 44 – Minimum Stock Size Threshold for Reef Fish Stocks
- Final Action on Reef Fish Amendment 47 – Vermillion Snapper MSY Proxy and ACL
- Final Action on Abbreviated Framework Action to Modify the Number of Unrigged Hooks Carried Onboard Longline Vessels
- Final Action on Spiny Lobster Regulatory Amendment 4 – Annual Catch Limits and Targets and South Atlantic Recreational Trap Prohibition
Written comments submitted on these issues by May 30, 2017 will be summarized and presented to Full Council before final action is taken. Visit the proposed amendments page of our website to submit your comments or email your comments to [email protected].
Council meetings are open to the public and are broadcast live over the internet. Register for the webinar.
About the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council is one of eight regional Fishery Management Councils established by the Fishery Conservation and Management Act of 1976. The Council prepares fishery management plans, which are designed to manage fishery resources within the 200-mile limit of the Gulf of Mexico.
Submit comments and stay updated on fishery issues:
There is also a thermometer for each issue that lets you know where the Council is in the process for that particular amendment, whether it’s the scoping phase, final action, or implementation.