Amended: To be held January 8, 2019 at: LDWF Building, Quail Dr., Baton Rouge, 9:30am.
The following items will be discussed:
1. Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Adoption of December 3, 2018 Commission Meeting Minutes
- Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
- Enforcement Report, December 2018 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
- Receive Summary Report on Registration and Numbering of Houseboats and Consider Final Promulgation – Cole Garrett, General Counsel
- Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent on Dredge Fill Material Program – Kyle Balkum, Biologist Director
- Consider Notice of Intent for Rule Changes in Wild Quadrupeds and Wild Bird Rules and Regulations, including Cervid Carcass Importation Ban Rules and Regulations, General and Wildlife Management Area Hunting Rules and Regulations, General and WMA Turkey Hunting Regulations, Along with Resident Game Hunting Season Date Adjustments for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021, and Migratory Bird Season Adjustments for 2019-2020 – Tommy Tuma, Director, Habitat Stewardship Branch Director
- Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Modify Oyster Leasing Policies and Procedures and Establish Procedures to Lift the Oyster Lease Moratorium – Cole Garrett, General Counsel
- Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Un-Designate Certain Water Bottoms East of the Mississippi River as Public Oyster Seed Grounds – Patrick Banks, Assistant Secretary
- Receive a Report on the 2018-2019 Calcasieu Lake Oyster Season – George Melancon, Fisheries Biologist
- Election of Chairman and Vice-Chairman
- Set May 2019 Commission Meeting Date
- Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Gotowebinar.com. To attend a live broadcast of the January 2019 Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission meeting, please register at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us atwww.wlf.la.gov. To receive recreational or commercial fishing email and text alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is committed to accommodating all
reasonable special requests regarding access to our meetings. Please direct all sign
language interpreting services or other accommodation needs to [email protected] at least 72 hours prior to the meeting date.