The next regular commission meeting will be held at 9:30 AM on August 2, 2018, at the Lindy Boggs Conference Center Auditorium at 2045 Lakeshore Drive, New Orleans, LA 70122.
Please note that the location will not be in Baton Rouge.
The following items will be discussed:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of June 26, 2018 Special Commission Meeting and July 3, 2018 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
6. Enforcement Report July 2018 – Captain Edward Skena
7. Receive Presentation on Cautioning Deer Hunters on Use of Deer Urine Lures in Relation to Potential Spread of CWD – Dr. Jim LaCour, Wildlife Veterinarian
8. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency Setting the 2018 Fall Inshore Shrimp Season – Peyton Cagle, Marine Fisheries Biologist
9. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency Setting the 2018-2019 Oyster Season on the Public Oyster Areas of Louisiana – Carolina Bourque, Marine Fisheries Biologist
10. Receive an Update on the 2018 Recreational Red Snapper Season – Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
11. Set December 2018 Commission Meeting Date
12. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Gotowebinar.com. To attend this meeting via webinar visit: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3301862397863804419
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov . To receive recreational or commercial fishing email and text alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup .
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is committed to accommodating all reasonable special requests regarding access to our meetings. Please direct all sign language interpreting services or other accommodation needs to [email protected] at least 72 hours prior to the meeting date.