The next regular Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission meeting will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday , June 6, 2019, at the Wildlife and Fisheries Headquarters Building located at 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge, LA.
The following agenda items will be discussed:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of May 2, 2019 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of June 6, 2019 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
7. Resolution to Consider and Honor the late Allan Ensminger’s Life and Meritorious Career with the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries – Chad Courville, Commissioner
8. Enforcement Report, May 2019 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
9. Receive an Update on the 2019 Regular Legislative Session and Related Commission Resolutions – Cole Garrett, General Counse
10. Receive an Update on the Potential Opening of the Morganza Spillway and Consider Declaration of Emergency to Close Sherburne WMA to All Use – Tommy Tuma, Habitat Stewardship Branch Director
11. Receive an Update to the Blue Crab Stock Assessment and Consider Amendments to the 2019 Crab Season – Peyton Cagle, Crustacean Biologist
12. Receive a Report on the Louisiana’s Seafood Future (LSF) Project – Patrick Banks, Assistant Secretary
13. Set October 2019 Commission Meeting Date
14. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Gotowebinar.com. To attend a live broadcast of the January 2019 Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission meeting, please register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4531880565133716236 . After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov . To receive recreational or commercial fishing email and text alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup .
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is committed to accommodating all reasonable special requests regarding access to our meetings. Please direct all sign language interpreting services or other accommodation needs to [email protected] at least 72 hours in advance.