The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission’s next meeting will be held Thursday (August 1) at 9:30 a.m. at the Lakefront Airport, 6001 Stars and Stripes Boulevard, 2ndFloor, New Orleans, LA, 7012 6.
Note that this is not being held at the usual location, rather this meeting will be in New Orleans, LA at the Lakefront Airport.
The following agenda items will be discussed:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of July 1, 2019 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of August 1, 2019 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
7. Enforcement Report, July 2019 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
8. Receive an Updated Report on the Impacts of Floodwaters on the Fishery Resources and Fisheries of Louisiana – Nicole Smith, Marine Fisheries Biologist
9. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency to Set the Fall Inshore Shrimp Season – Peyton Cagle, Marine Fisheries Biologist
10. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency Setting the 2019-2020 Oyster Season on the Public Oyster Areas of Louisiana – Carolina Bourque, Marine Fisheries Biologist
11. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Modify Oyster Leasing Policies and Procedures and Establish Procedures to Lift the Oyster Lease Moratorium – Cole Garrett, General Counsel
12. Receive and Consider Notice of Intent to Amend the Alligator Regulations to Reduce the Tag Fees for the 2020 and 2021 Seasons and Adjust Minimum Water Temperatures for Alligator Farms – Jeb Linscombe, Program Manager
13. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency and a Notice of Intent for Crappie Creel and Size Limits in Eagle Lake, Madison Parish – Ryan Daniel, Biologist Manager
14. Receive an Update on the 2019 Recreational Red Snapper Season Landings – Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
15. Receive an Update on Trip Ticket Compliance on Vessels at Seafood Docks and at the Dealer, Number of Vessels, Docks and Dealers Checked, Number of Species Checked and Number of Warnings Written – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
16. Set December 2019 Commission Meeting Date
17. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Gotowebinar.com. To attend a live broadcast of the January 2019 Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission meeting, please register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7846881735815069707 After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive recreational or commercial fishing email and text alerts, signup a http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup .
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is committed to accommodating all reasonable special requests regarding access to our meetings. Please direct all sign language interpreting services or other accommodation needs to [email protected] at least 72 hours in advance