The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission’s next meeting will be held Monday (July 1) at 9:30 a.m. at the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Headquarters Building located at 2000 Quail Drive in Baton Rouge.
The meeting will be held Monday (July 1) instead of the normal first Thursday of the month because the Fourth of July holiday falls on that Thursday.
The following agenda items will be discussed:
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Adoption of June 6, 2019 Commission Meeting Minutes
- Approval of July 1, 2019 Agenda
- Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
- Enforcement Report, June 2019 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
- Receive and Consider an Amendment to the Dredge Fill Material Program Notice of Intent Regarding Dredging Across the Center Line of Certain Water Bottoms of the State – Kyle Balkum, Biologist Director
- Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency to Modify the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 Resident Game Hunting Season Regulations to Exempt Natural Deer Urine that have been Tested and Certified from the Prohibition on the Use of Deer Urine as an Attractant while Taking, Hunting or Scouting Wildlife – Kenny Ribbeck, Wildlife Division Administrator
- Receive an Annual Report from Ducks Unlimited and Delta Waterfowl on the Waterfowl Breeding Grounds – Larry Reynolds, Waterfowl Biologist
- Receive a Report and Consider Resolution on the Impacts of Floodwaters on the Fishery Resources and Fisheries of Louisiana – Patrick Banks, Assistant Secretary
- Receive an Update on the 2019 Recreational Red Snapper Season – Jason Adriance, Finfish Biologist
- Receive a Summary Presentation on the June 2019 Gulf of Mexico Fisheries Management Council Meeting – Chris Schieble, Biologist Manager
- Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent Establishing Closures of Certain Waters Associated with the 2020 Derelict Crab Trap Removal Program – Peyton Cagle, Crustacean Biologist
- Set November 2019 Commission Meeting Date
- Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Gotowebinar.com. To attend a live broadcast of the July 2019 Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission meeting, please register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/22921918378598157 . After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us athttp://www.wlf.louisiana.gov. To receive recreational or commercial fishing email and text alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is committed to accommodating all reasonable special requests regarding access to our meetings. Please direct all sign language interpreting services or other accommodation needs to [email protected] at least 72 hours prior to the meeting date.