The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission will meet at 9:30 a.m., Thursday, November 5, at the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries headquarters, located at 2000 Quail Drive in Baton Rouge.
Due to the public health emergency guidelines established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, only 40 members of the public will be allowed in the meeting room at one time. All members of the public will have to wear a mask to enter the building.
However, in an effort to allow more public access to the meeting, the Commission asks those persons attending for a single agenda item to leave after that item is heard. This will allow other members of the public to rotate into the room.
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call
- Adoption of October 1, 2020 Commission Meeting Minutes
- Approval of November 5, 2020 Agenda
- Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
- Recognize Sgt. Mike Garrity as the Shikar Safari International Club 2019 Louisiana Agent of the Year Award and the 2019 LDWF Enforcement Agent of the Year – Captain Bryan Marie, Enforcement Division and Lea Perez, Shikar Safari
- Enforcement Report, October 2020 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
- Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Establish an Exclusion Zone for Commercial Menhaden Fishing – Commissioner Chad Courville with Supplemental Information Presented by Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
- Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Fiscal Status Update Presentation – Bryan McClinton, Undersecretary
- Receive and Consider Resolutions to Confirm the Establishment of Raccourci Island WMA and Reestablishment of St. Tammany Refuge – Cole Garrett, General Counsel
- Announce 2021/2022 Duck Stamp Competition Winner – Larry Reynolds, Waterfowl Biologist
- Receive a Summary Presentation on the September and October 2020 Gulf of Mexico Fisheries Management Council Meetings – Chris Schieble, Marine Fisheries Biologist
- Set March 2021 Commission Meeting Date
- Receive Public Comments
- Executive Session to Receive an Update on Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission, et al., v. Xavier Becerra, et al. – Cole Garrett, General Counsel and J. Scott St. John, Assistant Attorney General
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Zoom. To attend via webinar register at: https://wlf-la.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_k_8aD3IYQAyi4nTeqwpYKA. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The public will have an opportunity to provide comments on the above agenda by attending in person (room is limited to 40 members of the public) or by sending an email to [email protected] by 5 p.m., November 4, 2020. Your email must include the agenda item # in the subject of your email. The body of your message should include your name and address before your comment.
No comments will be accepted via webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. LDWF receives no state general funding and depends on license sales as a major funding source. Help us protect your hunting and fishing heritage while preserving habitat, wildlife, and aquatic resources by purchasing your license at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive email or text alerts signup here.