eReporting is a mobile application developed by Shellcatch for the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries that allows those individuals harvesting oysters from the Public Oyster Areas and Seed Grounds for oyster resource to report what was harvested for a given date. This application allows users to report harvest information as required by the 2023-2024 Oyster Season regulations set by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Reporting will be required by the licensed oyster harvester on each vessel fishing on Louisiana’s Public Oyster Areas.
LDWF prides itself on adopting new technologies and advancing its biological management techniques. All harvest data collected will be compiled for the Oyster Program to manage Louisiana’s Public Oyster Grounds. Sack harvest will be monitored by LDH Harvest areas to see if oyster reefs in those areas have hit closure thresholds in that area. This data will be utilized to extend the oyster season for the industry as long as possible until closure conditions are met.
During the 2023-24 oyster season, the following provisions will be in effect:
- Every vessel harvesting oysters from the Public Oyster Areas for oyster resource shall report harvest information to the LDWF before 9 p.m. each day fished.
- Vessels shall provide the following information: Captain’s name, oyster harvester number, vessel number, the total number of sacks harvested that day, total barrels of seed removed, and the LDH Harvest area fished.
- Electronic Reporting will be done through the e-Reporting application via smart phone. The eReporting app is supported by both iOS and Android. Fishermen will need to download the app from these links at the Apple Store or Google Play Store then create an account using an email or phone number.
- The registration page requires name, commercial fishing license number and type of license to register. Once the account is created, the fisherman will add their vessels.
- Follow this link for more information on the eReporting app and how to use it: https://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/page/oyster-e-reporting.
- The call option is still available to submit harvest reports at 1-800-442-2511. This reporting does not substitute for trip ticket reporting.
For 2023-2024 oyster season maps, click here.
For more information, contact Robert Caballero at [email protected] or 504-286-4054.