The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission will meet at 9:30 a.m., Thursday, June 3, at the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries headquarters, located at 2000 Quail Drive in Baton Rouge.
Due to the public health emergency guidelines established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, attendance will be restricted to 75% of the room capacity. A separate section will be available for members of the public who would like to remain socially distanced and who would like to remain masked.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of May 6, 2021 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of June 3, 2021 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
a) Recognition of Service and Presentation of Plaque to Former Commissioner Chad Courville
7. Recognize Cpl. James Bruce’s Status as the 2020 Statewide Agent of the Year and Shikar Safari Officer of the Year Nominee for Louisiana – Major Rick Owens, Enforcement Division and Lea Perez, Shikar Safari
8. Enforcement Report, May 2021 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
9. Receive a Final Report from Delta Waterfowl on Contract Activities on the Breeding Grounds – John Davis, Vice-President of Development
10. Receive a Final Report from Ducks Unlimited on Contract Activities on the Breeding Grounds – Mike Carloss, Manager of Conservation Programs
11. Receive and Consider a Resolution on Waterfowl Breeding Ground Funding – Larry Reynolds, Waterfowl Biologist
12. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Amend the Gear Size for Bait Shrimp Permit Holders – Peyton Cagle, Marine Fisheries Biologist
13. Receive a Report on the 2021 Regular Legislative Session – Cole Garrett, General Counsel
14. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Zoom. To attend via webinar register at:
https://wlf-la.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_vpgRr823R0ehUxnXk3B9bQ. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The public will have an opportunity to provide comments on the above agenda by attending in person (room is limited to 40 members of the public) or by sending an email to [email protected] by 2 p.m. on Wednesday, June 2, 2021. Your email must include the agenda item # in the subject of your email. The body of your message should include your name and address before your comment.
No comments will be accepted via webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. LDWF receives no state general funding and depends on license sales as a major funding source. Help us protect your hunting and fishing heritage while preserving habitat, wildlife, and aquatic resources by purchasing your license at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive email or text alerts signup here.