Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission Meeting, LDWF Building, 2000 Quail Dr., Baton Rouge, April 3, 9:30am.
The following agenda items will be discussed:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of March 7, 2019 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of April 3, 2019 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
a. Recognition of Service and Presentation of Plaque to Commissioner Bart Yakupzack
7. Receive and Consider Resolution for Mitchell B. Jurisich, Sr. – Al Sunseri, Chairman
8. Enforcement Report, March 2019 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
9. Receive Presentation on Levels of Oyster Cultch Material Removed when Harvesting Seed Oysters from Louisiana’s Public Oyster Beds – Dr. Earl Melancon, Louisiana Sea Grant and Carolina Bourque, Fisheries Biologist
10. Receive and Consider Final Promulgation on Notice of Intent to Un-Designate Certain Water Bottoms East of the Mississippi River as Public Oyster Seed Grounds – Carolina Bourque, Fisheries Biologist
11. Receive Report on 2019 Spring Inshore Shrimp Season – Peyton Cagle, Fisheries Biologist
12. Receive and Consider a Declaration of Emergency Setting the 2019 Private Recreational Red Snapper Season – Jason Adriance, Fisheries Biologist
13. Receive and Consider Declaration of Emergency to Close Turkey Season on Dewey Wills, Grassy Lake and Richard K. Yancey WMAs Due to Flooding – Tommy Tuma, Habitat Stewardship Branch Director
14. Receive Public Comments for the Notice of Intent/Potpourri for Rule Changes in Wild Quadrupeds and Wild Bird Rules and Regulations, including Cervid Carcass Importation Ban Rules and Regulations, General and Wildlife Management Area Hunting Rules and Regulations, General and WMA Turkey Hunting Regulations, Along with Resident Game Hunting Season Date Adjustments for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021, and Migratory Bird Season Adjustments for 2019-2020 – Tommy Tuma, Habitat Stewardship Branch Director
15. Receive Presentation on Airboat Restrictions on WMAs – Steve Smith, Wildlife Biologist
16. Receive an Update on the 2019 Regular Legislative Session and Consider Taking a Position on Certain Legislative Instruments – Cole Garrett, General Counsel
17. Set August 20
18. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Gotowebinar.com. To attend a live broadcast of the January 2019 Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission meeting, please register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4391625760948873475 .
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive recreational or commercial fishing email and text alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is committed to accommodating all reasonable special requests regarding access to our meetings. Please direct all sign language interpreting services or other accommodation needs to [email protected] at least 72 hours in advance.