The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission will meet at 9:30 a.m., Thursday, April 1, at the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries headquarters, located at 2000 Quail Drive in Baton Rouge.
Due to the public health emergency guidelines established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, only 40 members of the public will be allowed in the meeting room at one time. All members of the public will have to wear a mask to enter the building.
However, in an effort to allow more public access to the meeting, the Commission asks those persons attending for a single agenda item to leave after that item is heard. This will allow other members of the public to rotate into the room.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of March 4, 2021 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of April 1, 2021 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
a) Introduction of New Commission Member Gene Reynolds
7. Enforcement Report, March 2021 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
8. Receive a Report on R3 (Recruitment, Retention and Reactivation) Action and Progress Regarding Licenses – Rob Shadoin, Deputy Secretary and Rene LeBreton, Public Information Director
9. Receive Update on Department Telecommunication Issues – Bryan McClinton, Undersecretary
10. Receive Public Comments on the Notice of Intent for Rule Changes in Wild Quadrupeds and Wild Bird Rules and Regulations, Including General and Wildlife Management Area Hunting Rules and Regulations, General and WMA Turkey Hunting Regulations, Resident Game Hunting Season Date Adjustments for 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 and Migratory Bird Season Adjustments for 2021-2022 – Tommy Tuma, Biologist Director
11. Tracking Blue-Winged Teal Using GPS/GSM Transmitters – Brett Leach, MS Student, University of Missouri
12. Receive an Update on the 2021 Recreational Red Snapper Season – Patrick Banks, Assistant Secretary
13. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Amend the Domesticated Aquatic Organisms Rule – Robert Bourgeois, Fisheries Biologist
14. Receive a Report on the 2021 Regular Legislative Session and Consider Taking a Position on Certain Legislative Instruments – Cole Garrett, General Counsel
15. Set Commission Meeting Dates for Calendar Year 2021
16. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Zoom. To attend via webinar register at:
https://wlf-la.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_qGQTetZPSTunqOUJ4MdxIQ. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The public will have an opportunity to provide comments on the above agenda by attending in person (room is limited to 40 members of the public) or by sending an email to [email protected] by 2 p.m. on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. Your email must include the agenda item # in the subject of your email. The body of your message should include your name and address before your comment.
No comments will be accepted via webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. LDWF receives no state general funding and depends on license sales as a major funding source. Help us protect your hunting and fishing heritage while preserving habitat, wildlife, and aquatic resources by purchasing your license at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive email or text alerts signup here.