The next regular Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission meeting will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, October 3, 2019, at the Wildlife and Fisheries headquarters building located at 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge, LA.
The following agenda items will be discussed:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of September 5, 2019 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of October 3, 2019 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
a. Welcome Dr. Luke Laborde and his LSU Class on Natural Resource Policy
7. Enforcement Report, September 2019 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
8. Receive Presentation on Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) Surveillance in Louisiana – Dr. Jim LaCour, State Wildlife Veterinarian
9. Receive Update on Waterfowl Telemetry Projects – Paul Link, Waterfowl Biologist Manager and Lizzi Bonczek, LSU PhD Candidate
10. Receive Report on Status of WMA Waterfowl Habitat Conditions – Steve Smith, Operations Program Manager
11. Receive an Update of the Louisiana Wild Seafood Certification Program – Richard Williams, Fisheries Biologist
12. Receive an Update on the 2019 Recreational Red Snapper Season – Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
13. Set February 2020 Commission Meeting Date
14. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Gotowebinar.com. To attend a live broadcast of the January 2019 Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission meeting, please register at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5480808580537299980 . After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov . To receive recreational or commercial fishing email and text alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup .
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is committed to accommodating all reasonable special requests regarding access to our meetings. Please direct all sign language interpreting services or other accommodation needs to [email protected] at least 72 hours in advance.