The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission will meet at 9:30 a.m., Thursday, January 6, via webinar (updated from in person on January 5).
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of December 2, 2021 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of January 6, 2022 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
a. Presentation of Plaque to Chair Jerri Smitko
7. Enforcement Report, December 2021 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
8. Receive and Consider Notice of Intent on Rule Changes in Wild Quadrupeds and Wild Bird Rules and Regulations, including General and Wildlife Management Area Hunting Rules and Regulations, General and WMA Turkey Hunting Regulations, Resident Game Hunting Season Date Adjustments for 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 and Migratory Bird Season Adjustments for 2022-2023 – Tommy Tuma, Biologist Director
9. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Modify Recreational Offshore Landing Permit Regulations – Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
10. Receive an Update on Flounder Regulations Changes from the 2021 Regular Legislative Session and Next Steps – Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
11. Receive a Report on Public Comments Related to the Menhaden Buffer Zones Notice of Intent and Consider Amendments to the Notice of Intent – Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
12. Receive an Update on Invasive Carp Impacts to Louisiana’s Native Fish and Ongoing Research – Rob Bourgeois, Fisheries Biologist
13. Election of Chair and Vice-Chair
14. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Zoom. To attend via webinar register at: https://wlf-la.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_hS7gfKfeRO6PbgqIFFOhZw. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The public will have an opportunity to provide comments on the above agenda by attending in person or by sending an email to [email protected] by 2 p.m. on Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Your email must include the agenda item # in the subject of your email. The body of your message should include your name and address before your comment.