Meet the Fleet is a multi-day public event featuring the flagship vessels of Louisiana’s scientific research fleet. The Research Vessel (R/V) Pelican and the R/V Acadiana, owned and operated by the Louisiana Universities Marine Consortium (LUMCON), will be featured and open for public tours given by the vessel’s crew. These two vessels will form the centerpiece of the event while LUMCON scientists and education staff display hands-on activities and provide information about marine research at booths set up dockside.
Come and learn more about Louisiana’s amazing research vessels, marine laboratory, marine science, and how you can become part of it all. LUMCON—The Heart of Louisiana Marine Science.
- Dockside tours of the R/V Pelican
- Hands-on activities by LUMCON Scientists with topics such as. . .
- Deep Sea Ecology
- Coastal Ecosystems
- Plankton and Marsh Invertebrates
- Coastal Geology
- Marine education activities
- Booths by LUMCON members and partners
- Louisiana Sea Grant
- The Waters Institute of the Gulf
- Southern University and A&M College
Event Dates: May 19-21, 2017
Event Times: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily