The next regular Commission Meeting will be held at 1:30 PM on Thursday, May 4, 2017, at the Wildlife and Fisheries Headquarters Building located at 2000 Quail Drive, Baton Rouge, LA.
The following items will be discussed:
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of April 06, 2017 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
6. Enforcement Reports April, 2017 – Captain Edward Skena
7. Presentation of Enforcement Awards to Agents and Civilians – Captain Edward Skena
8. Receive and Consider Legislative Update – Cole Garrett, Attorney / Legislative Liaison
9. Consider a Resolution to Add Property to Russell Sage Wildlife Management Area – Alvin Landry, Land Attorney
10. Consider a Resolution to Reaffirm the Bussey Brake Wildlife Management Area – Alvin Landry, Land Attorney
11. Receive Update on Roseau Cane Mealy Bug infestation in lower Plaquemines Parish – Todd Baker, Biologist Director, Coastal and Non-game Resources Division
12. Consider a Notice of Intent to Amend the Experimental Fisheries Program – Jason Froeba, Biologist Administrator, Office of Fisheries
13. Consider a Declaration of Emergency on Setting the Opening Dates of the 2017 Spring Inshore Shrimp Season – Jeff Marx, Biologist and Shrimp Program Manager
14. Receive Louisiana Recreational Use Restoration Update – Craig Gothreaux, Biologist, Artificial Reef Program
15. Receive Presentation on the lifting of the moratorium on new Special Artificial Reef (SAR) proposals by the Louisiana Artificial Reef Council (LARC) – Mike McDonough, Biologist, Artificial Reef Program
16. Receive Update on Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council’s April Meeting – Myron Fischer, Biologist, Office of Fisheries
17. Receive a Report on the Gulf Council LA-Only Recreational Red Snapper Amendment – Patrick Banks, Assistant Secretary, Office of Fisheries
18. Receive an Update on the Federally-Permitted Charter Boat Electronic Log Book (ELB) Pilot Program – Myron Fischer, Biologist, Office of Fisheries
19. Set September, 2017 Commission Meeting Date
20. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Gotowebinar.com. To attend this meeting via webinar visit:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana’s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive recreational or commercial fishing email and text alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup.
The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is committed to accommodating all reasonable special requests regarding access to our meetings. Please direct all sign language interpreting services or other accommodation needs to the contact at the top of this announcement at least 72 hours prior to the meeting date.