The Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Commission will meet at 9:30 a.m., Thursday, October 1, at the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries headquarters, located at 2000 Quail Drive in Baton Rouge.
Due to the public health emergency guidelines established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, only 40 members of the public will be allowed in the meeting room at one time. All members of the public will have to wear a mask to enter the building.
However, in an effort to allow more public access to the meeting, the Commission asks those persons attending for a single agenda item to leave after that item is heard. This will allow other members of the public to rotate into the room.
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call
4. Adoption of September 3, 2020 Commission Meeting Minutes
5. Approval of October 1, 2020 Agenda
6. Commission Special Announcements / Personal Privilege
7. Enforcement Report, September 2020 – Major Edward Skena, Enforcement Division
8. Receive and Consider Resolutions to Ratify and Confirm the Establishment and Current Boundaries of Certain Wildlife Management Areas – Alvin Landry, Legal
9. Receive a Presentation on the Renovation of Bussey Brake Reservoir – Ryan Daniel, Inland Fisheries Biologist
10. Receive and Consider a Notice of Intent to Modify Recreational Spotted Seatrout Size and Bag Limit Regulations – Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
11. Receive an Update on the 2020 Recreational Red Snapper Season – Jason Adriance, Marine Fisheries Biologist
12. Set February 2021 Commission Meeting Date
13. Receive Public Comments
A live audio/video stream of this meeting will be available via Zoom. To attend via webinar register at: https://wlf-la.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_w4B3i6aFQ4CEDDovsQ3xYA. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The public will have an opportunity to provide comments on the above agenda by attending in person (room is limited to 40 members of the public) or by sending an email to [email protected] by 11:59 p.m., September 30, 2020. Your email must include the agenda item # in the subject of your email. The body of your message should include your name and address before your comment.