The Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries (LDWF), Office of Fisheries, is holding three meetings for federally permitted charter captains to discuss possible regulations that govern the charter-for-hire industry.
- Houma, LA – January 10, 2017, 6 – 8 PM
Terrebonne Parish Library (upstairs room), 151 Library Dr., Houma, LA 70360
- Metairie, LA – January 11, 2017, 6 – 8 PM
Jefferson Parish Library – East Bank, 4747 W Napoleon Ave, Metairie, LA 70001
- Baton Rouge, LA – January 12, 2017, 1 – 3 PM
Baton Rouge LDWF Headquarters, 2000 Quail Dr., Baton Rouge, LA 70808
The Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council will meet and take final action in January; Council members Patrick Banks and Myron Fischer want to discuss—and get input on—the following time-sensitive issues:
- Electronic Logbooks: discussion on preferred alternatives and actions to benefit your industry.
- Charter Boat Management Amendment 41: explanation of Council’s document and your
input on best alternatives.
- Species-specific Issues: including split snapper season, grey triggerfish & HMS restrictions on
For more information, contact Myron Fischer, (985) 258-6006, [email protected].